1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rehouse tips??

Discussion in 'Tarantula Enclosures' started by Gage_blevins, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Gage_blevins

Gage_blevins New Member

I have a little h. Mac alittle over an inch now and he lives in a burrow right now. Almost time for him to become arboreal and im just looking for tips on the best way to get him out of the burrow and into his new home safely. They are very fast and i dont want to get bit
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

I do all my rehouses inside a large plastic box. It means that I have an extra line of defense if they decide to run. If it's burrowed you may need tweezers or small tongs to ease him and the contents out of its old home, catch cup at the ready. Most Ts don't run far, usually just a quick burst of speed then stopping making them fairly easy to catch. The main thing is to stay calm and move slowly so you don't spook them.
    MassExodus likes this.
  3. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

If you have to dig him out do it very, very carefully. Those are the ones that can become a clusterf*#! quickly. As Enn said, the key is to remain calm at all times. Don't let fear of a bite rattle you, remember, it will only hurt like a bastard. No biggy :D
  4. Gage_blevins

Gage_blevins New Member

Im going to let him stay in what he is in for one more molt. He isnt too big yet. Thanks!