• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rehomed my a. seemanni and m. balfouri while I was at it

Matt300ZXT

Since my coco fiber FINALLY dried out after rehydrating the bricks, I figured I'd get to work giving these new additions proper homes from the setup they had when I got them. I moved the a. seemanni into a new Sterilite tub with a locking lid with an inch or so of misted substrate packed down, with another inch and a half or two of dry substrate on top packed down. I dug a small hole with my fingers and put in some cork bark with a few sprigs of fake plants along with some sphagnum moss. I put it in the tub to rehome him so in case he got out, he wouldn't be running all around my office and me trying to catch it. After I finally convinced it to move in the direction of the new tote, it ran right for the little hole I had dug out. I put the water dish in with fresh purified water and hopefully it'll be right at home. It appears to have eaten the roach I put in his old home a couple of days ago because when I dumped out the old dirt, I didn't see the roach scurrying away.

I moved my m. balfouri over to the shoebox size tote the a. seemanni was in with about 3 inches of dry substrate packed down. I also packed it down and dug a little starter burrow for him to see if it'd encourage him to start burrowing when he settles in. I put in some cork bark with fake plant sprigs hot glued to it and some sphagnum moss. A little later after I finish this refreshing Dr Pepper, I'm going to rinse out the lid and use it as his water dish.

The rest of my little guys will be good in what they're in for quite a while so I shouldn't have to do this again for a while, unless I go pick up MORE bugs lol

A. seemanni was in this:
Aphonopelma-seemanni.jpg

I moved him to this:
0614201519a.jpg

0614201519b.jpg

M. balfouri was in this (a little 4x4x4 roughly cube):
Monocentropus-balfouri.jpg

And for now, he resides in this:
0614201537.jpg

0614201537a.jpg

Latest posts