• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about age & size

DewDrop

3 Year Member
Cool cool. Normally I wouldn't care much but I just can't see Jamie (the breeder) messing up sexing like that. Or selling the T until she was positive.

I have a quick review for Jamie's. I got a baby rosea the other day. The spiderling got in the light and I looked at the abdomen, today, it appears that this baby is a female. Not only was it a fantastic deal, with honest customer service, they treat you like a person not a cash cow and are honest, and (I got) IT'S A GIRL! I am so happy. Just elated. We named it a just in case kind of a name so it could go both ways, a unisex name, just real cute, it fits. The sling is so tame, real person friendly, but I don't wanna give too much of a review because I don't want them to have more orders than they can fill. It is one of those places you come across but don't wanna make a lot of mention because if they get sold out or disappear so does that variety and some of the spiders I wouldn't of even known existed if I hadn't come across it. Plus the prices are so affordable, just you know, don't take a bad advantage of them or they won't be around. They have mainly pet trade varieties nothing endangered I saw, nothing threatened, just a real nice place to be confident in shopping that your not hurting the environment or taking something wild caught. I am not well schooled in entomology nor do I know enough to ever stop asking questions about, well, anything, but while learning is sometimes a challenge, it is one that I don't give up on so easy. I doubt they would give a wrong sex to a customer. I just got roughly twenty five years of tarantula to raise. That is a fantastic stopping point on a two spider collection for me. I do not ever plan to breed tarantulas, the long life span is what I was shopping for. I just got that. That is amazing. I am so happy. I just had to share. If you cannot be happy with what ya got, here share my joy. I got in on the end of the convo, sorry I just had to quote to have a reference point to write.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a quick review for Jamie's. I got a baby rosea the other day. The spiderling got in the light and I looked at the abdomen, today, it appears that this baby is a female. Not only was it a fantastic deal, with honest customer service, they treat you like a person not a cash cow and are honest, and (I got) IT'S A GIRL! I am so happy. Just elated. We named it a just in case kind of a name so it could go both ways, a unisex name, just real cute, it fits. The sling is so tame, real person friendly, but I don't wanna give too much of a review because I don't want them to have more orders than they can fill. It is one of those places you come across but don't wanna make a lot of mention because if they get sold out or disappear so does that variety and some of the spiders I wouldn't of even known existed if I hadn't come across it. Plus the prices are so affordable, just you know, don't take a bad advantage of them or they won't be around. They have mainly pet trade varieties nothing endangered I saw, nothing threatened, just a real nice place to be confident in shopping that your not hurting the environment or taking something wild caught. I am not well schooled in entomology nor do I know enough to ever stop asking questions about, well, anything, but while learning is sometimes a challenge, it is one that I don't give up on so easy. I doubt they would give a wrong sex to a customer. I just got roughly twenty five years of tarantula to raise. That is a fantastic stopping point on a two spider collection for me. I do not ever plan to breed tarantulas, the long life span is what I was shopping for. I just got that. That is amazing. I am so happy. I just had to share. If you cannot be happy with what ya got, here share my joy. I got in on the end of the convo, sorry I just had to quote to have a reference point to write.
Might wanna consider posting that in the section for vendor reviews, that way more people will be likely to see it.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is no direct correlation between age and size, other than they get bigger as time passes. I have four 4 year old B alticpes, confirmed males, that have yet to mature, one female, a sac mate, that is no bigger than they are.
G pulchra males and females grow at near identical rates for 3 to 5 years before the males mature.
There is, as yet, no formula to equate age gender and size.

Latest posts