• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pterinopelma Sazimai Trio

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
Just got my 3 P. Sazimai(Brazilian Blue)slings. They are a little under an inch.
37518737c445e96613f48cc3138b99ac.jpg

d9735de132cd5960563d23253f11f75c.jpg

Nightfall, largest among the three. Also the most active one, already crawling around like a boss.

0909f6f9a56fb06a40bddf2fc841c906.jpg

Dusk, second largest.

c64ddaec66751e614567d9539e4722c1.jpg

Twilight, the smallest one.

Can't wait to see them grow into that stunning blue colouration. Of course only female will have that. Let's hope I get at least 2 females [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

There's very little info about this species on the internet. If any of you are keeping this species do share with me your experience.

@Tomoran how are yours doing? I believe you have more than one too? Hehe

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Husbandry is straightforward. P sazimai are coming from Brazil - Nationalpark Chapada Diamantina (Bahai) und Nationalpark Serra do Cipo (Minas Gerais). In the nature, temps can go from 18-20°C in cold season (with 70% RH) to 35°C in hot season (with 90% RH). Of course, in captivity, it's very different. When larger, you can keep them with rather dry substrate, moistening a little part of it once a week, a semi-burrowed hide and a waterdish. As yours are still young, you can give them a little more moisture (specially if you don't provide a waterdish), but not too much or you might harm them. Watch their behavior carefully, if you see them staying on the wet spot or over the waterdish, it'll mean they need some more moisture.

Beautiful choice, bravo. I'll receive one sexed female at the end of june. Looking forward!

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Wonderful choices! :)

Yup, I currently have two, and they are JUST starting to show some bluish tones. When I get home, I'll try to throw the latest photo I took of one up. One just molted and is about 1.75-2" long now. The other one is about 2" and is fattening up nicely. When they were little, about .75" or so, I kept them like burrowers in about 3" or substrate. Both dug deep burrows right down to the bottom, but would pop on on the surface here and there. Like Nicolas C said, give them a choice of moist and dry sub as slings. I would always moisten down the lower levels by pouring water down the side and letting it percolate to the bottom. This kept the top dry and the bottom moist. allowing them to dig and find the moisture level they preferred. I noticed when the air got dry during the winter, they both spent time deep in their dens. They now have larger enclosures with water dishes and cork bark hides, and they haven't dug nearly as much. I also don't worry much about moistening the substrate anymore.

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
@Nicolas thanks for the advice. yeh, I have checked out where are they from, those places are amazing.
Wow, that must be really expensive. I was offered a 2.5-3" confirmed female. The price is just slightly lower than what I paid for these 3slings. And heck, they are still pretty darn expensive even after few years of price drop.

Last edited:

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Yes, pretty expensive around here too. I'll pay my juvenile sexed female 120 chf (= around 120$). In Switzerland, prices are rather high for T (and everything else?) compared to other Europe places... But she's coming from a breeder I know and appreciate, then...

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for the advice Tom.
This is really gorgeous! Is this the one in the rehousing vid?
How long does it take to grow from 0.75 to 2"? I remember you told me they are pretty aggressive eaters and growing fast too.

You're most welcome! This is the other one right after a rehousing. I got them in July 2015, so it's been about 10 months so far. One is in premolt again, so I'll have to see how large it is after it sheds. :)

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
You're most welcome! This is the other one right after a rehousing. I got them in July 2015, so it's been about 10 months so far. One is in premolt again, so I'll have to see how large it is after it sheds. :)
Pretty fast growing species [emoji4]

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Just got my 3 P. Sazimai(Brazilian Blue)slings. They are a little under an inch.
37518737c445e96613f48cc3138b99ac.jpg

d9735de132cd5960563d23253f11f75c.jpg

Nightfall, largest among the three. Also the most active one, already crawling around like a boss.

0909f6f9a56fb06a40bddf2fc841c906.jpg

Dusk, second largest.

c64ddaec66751e614567d9539e4722c1.jpg

Twilight, the smallest one.

Can't wait to see them grow into that stunning blue colouration. Of course only female will have that. Let's hope I get at least 2 females [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

There's very little info about this species on the internet. If any of you are keeping this species do share with me your experience.

@Tomoran how are yours doing? I believe you have more than one too? Hehe
I have a 1.5" sling, had it since January or so. It acts just like a B smithi, and needs no crazy requirements. Mine it getting its pretty blues and is very, very close to molting. It's calm, and not aggressive and is a great eater. Good luck with all yours

Matt<3Ts

3 Year Member
Hi guys, time to update this. Nightfall and Twilight have just moulted last night. In fact I lost Dusk on 16 May which is just 6 days after I got them. Reason of death is unknown. It just won't eat from the first day until its death. The reason why I did not share it until now is because I thought it would be better to share that together with some updates on Nightfall and Twilight, so yea..

19c670871d8c193463ac768dcdf5f304.jpg

Nightfall

d3aa5d80943490bcade8af83feda366c.jpg

Twilight

They are a lil over an inch now. Both have already got some blue colouration on them. I have no idea whether younger males will have it too or only females will have that. Any experience to share?

Last edited:

Latest posts