• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pterinochilus murinus project

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
About 20 days later and they are molting into actual slings
PXL_20210910_140504102.MP.jpg

PXL_20210910_140722691.MP.jpg

Fastest growing sac I've produced yet

NaturalSkill

My original 2 OBTs (Pterinochilusm murinus), Thing #1 and Thing #2, molted within a day of each other. Both female.

Thing #1
View attachment 54642
Thing #2
View attachment 54644

Thing #4, the largest of my OBTs just molted right after Thing #1 did, and also turned out female.
View attachment 54645
Her exo was soft and moist when I pulled it, and based on her spermatheca, I'd say she's mature, or more mature than the first 2 exos I looked at. Her spermatheca are like umbrella handles, the other two are like peaks.

Here are the exos in relation to each other
View attachment 54647
Left to Right: Thing #1, Thing #2, Thing #4
(note: I broke a leg off T#2's exo, she was not missing a leg)

Thing #3 was molt-confirmed female when I got her. I didn't don't bother molt sexing her, yet.

LMK if anyone needs a female OBT lol
I have a mature male OBT for you. Only thing is, you have to drive to California haha. I wish mine was female.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a mature male OBT for you. Only thing is, you have to drive to California haha. I wish mine was female.
Nice, thank you!

I'm in West Los Angeles, and already have a MM ready to roll. I am pairing him with Thing 4 tonight and have 2 juvenile males in line for future pairings... You could say I'm flush with OBTs atm

Put your fellow on Spinder or hit up Matt at @NukaMedia Exotics, he is real close to Sacto and might need a MM

Latest posts