• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pretty Please.

rénee

3 Year Member
Well, i have had my G. Rosea for almost 2 months now, and since about the 2nd/3rd week of having her i have suspected she has been in pre-molt. She has not eaten, her abdomen does seem to be getting darker, not so much plumper maybe, she sometimes has her days where she throws threat poses and sometimes where even if i accidentally bump something close to her enclosure she doesn't even flinch.

Anyways i came home from work to find a **** ton of webbing(pardon my language). Now from these photos of course this webbing is NOTHING compared to what other T's have made, again though every species is different but regardless, just to me is a lot considering yesterday there was next to nothing.. MOLT SOON?! :D god i hope so.. I've been waiting now for awhile.. But she likes to hang out behind this wood and plant piece in the enclosure and has now blocked off both entrances. As often as i have thrown in food for her, she never even budges, in fact just turns around and sticks her bum in their face.. or mine o_O

These photos may not do justice, but in person its a lot more noticeable.. sorry this isn't a very fun post for others but to me, I'm thrilled!! :T:

Attachments

• Cynthia Dec 31:15.jpg
    Cynthia Dec 31:15.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • Cynthia Dec 31:15(2).jpg
    Cynthia Dec 31:15(2).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • Cynthia Dec 31:15(3).jpg
    Cynthia Dec 31:15(3).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • Cynthia Dec 31:15(4).jpg
    Cynthia Dec 31:15(4).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hope it's molt! The rosea is the most frustrating in my collection also. hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks now, skittish as all hell. but her coloring hasn't changed like i thought it would to indicate molt. Her abodmen has been really dark since the day i got her. It's so small (she's only 1/4") i can't tell if it has the dark patch on top or not, but it is plump. I hope mine follows suit and decides it's molt time also. I thought i had read the smaller rosea's don't fast and are fairly quick to molt. This one is proving them wrong lol

rénee

3 Year Member
I hope it's molt! The rosea is the most frustrating in my collection also. hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks now, skittish as all hell. but her coloring hasn't changed like i thought it would to indicate molt. Her abodmen has been really dark since the day i got her. It's so small (she's only 1/4") i can't tell if it has the dark patch on top or not, but it is plump. I hope mine follows suit and decides it's molt time also. I thought i had read the smaller rosea's don't fast and are fairly quick to molt. This one is proving them wrong lol

I hope its molt too haha, I don't think mine has changed colours to dramatically, then again i have only had her for about 2 months, so i havnt had much time get into her habits and her schedule lol, she hasn't even eaten once in my care yet, nor has she moulted haha. The time will come.. hopefully sooner than later :p

It took her quite awhile to even bother to start making some webs, where as my A. Avic, got right to it days after re-housing it, but again different species lol, but she was also very skittish at first, but eventually calmed down, other then apparently the odd tantrum lol.. oh the female race:rolleyes:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i'm only guessing mine has eaten. i've put in a few prekilled pinhead roaches that i couldn't find the next day. Maybe she saw they were dead and buried them. No idea lol. I've never seen her eat, never seen web anything. She just bolts around the enclosure if you get near or pick it up. I did notice watering her this evening that she does have a black patch on her abdomen so i'm hoping a molt is coming soon.

She's only been with us for just over 2 weeks, so we haven't learned her behaviors yet either.

rénee

3 Year Member
i'm only guessing mine has eaten. i've put in a few prekilled pinhead roaches that i couldn't find the next day. Maybe she saw they were dead and buried them. No idea lol. I've never seen her eat, never seen web anything. She just bolts around the enclosure if you get near or pick it up. I did notice watering her this evening that she does have a black patch on her abdomen so i'm hoping a molt is coming soon.

She's only been with us for just over 2 weeks, so we haven't learned her behaviors yet either.
Lmao, well hopefully you'll have better luck in studying your little ones behaviour than i can with my moody juvie, and hopefully yours is due for a molt soon too.. it would be a great start to a new year if i do say so myself!:D