• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pre-molt?

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
I've read quite a bit about T's looking/acting different as they go into molt, but can't really find a cohesive list of characteristics for it. Just wondering what some of the most common pre-molt signs you guys have noticed are?
Almost threw my first millipede out as dead when she molted the first time, so I like to know what I'm looking at when I see it! :)

thesakedoc

3 Year Member
Black butt, often bald, slows down, stops eating, lays on its back, then molts is the easiest way to put it w out copying and pasting from an article - the dumbed down version

hellknite

3 Year Member
In general, the usual signs may be the same as mentioned above. But it may vary depending on the species, such us the coloration change and fasting. And it depends on the size of the T. My adult L. parahybana stopped eating for more than 3 months before molting. The smaller ones may take less than a week. This is based on my experience. We can hear from the experts later on..

Latest posts