• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Potential Green Bottle Blue breeding

Dupid22

3 Year Member
Hi all,

I am relatively new to the hobby (I am only at 3 tarantulas total to this point). But I recently bought a gbb sling and for some reason (based on the activity webbing and agility of it butt) I believe it's a female. I know I cant really tell an assuming at this point is dumb. But regardless I'm interested in breeding gbb's. If there is anyone out there in the utah area interested in this please hit me up.

Colorado Ts

Hi all,

I am relatively new to the hobby (I am only at 3 tarantulas total to this point). But I recently bought a gbb sling and for some reason (based on the activity webbing and agility of it butt) I believe it's a female. I know I cant really tell an assuming at this point is dumb. But regardless I'm interested in breeding gbb's. If there is anyone out there in the utah area interested in this please hit me up.
The big thing, that I feel is important, is to bring the spring...ie a period of moisture...followed by a period of increased feeding...then the introduction of the male and the attempts at mating.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens has a reputation as a male killer, during breeding...I think a lot of that reputation is undeserved and due to people not bringing the spring into their program. At least that is my thoughts....

Dupid22

3 Year Member
The big thing, that I feel is important, is to bring the spring...ie a period of moisture...followed by a period of increased feeding...then the introduction of the male and the attempts at mating.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens has a reputation as a male killer, during breeding...I think a lot of that reputation is undeserved and due to people not bringing the spring into their program. At least that is my thoughts....

Thanks for the advice. Being relatively new to the hobby I am all ears when it comes to tips like this. Thanks again.