• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please, I need help sexing my LP

Zevra

Someone gave her/him to me about 8 months ago. I’d like to know if male or female.

Attachments

• 51D837A4-94C4-4DCA-8857-0D9D72854579.jpeg
    51D837A4-94C4-4DCA-8857-0D9D72854579.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52

Zevra

Thanks everyone...& wow over 6 years, that’s great, any advice on what’s best for him for the longest life? Feeding, etc. He has molted 3 times already but idk how old he is. I plan on taking him on a plane when I move next month, what’s best way for that? I don’t want to have him shipped.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks everyone...& wow over 6 years, that’s great, any advice on what’s best for him for the longest life? Feeding, etc. He has molted 3 times already but idk how old he is. I plan on taking him on a plane when I move next month, what’s best way for that? I don’t want to have him shipped.
You'll have to talk to the airline. Alot of airlines wont allow venomous animals.

Zevra

Yeah, I’m going to call them after work, I have two dogs I’m bringing, guess I’m hoping they will allow him lol. If not, I have no idea what I’ll do with him, can’t imagine not having him lol

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Idk.....I'm looking for that crecent half moon shape females have on the furrow....don't see it....the dark hair could be fusillae....but a friend once taught me that females have a "mustache" that's not considered epiandrous fusillae.....hmmmm..... my guess on this one would be female. I never see the "mustache" on males and usually, e.f. is clearly distinct and not as "long". It usually doesn't curve over what would be an opening in the exuvium. I gather this information from expanding the picture. I could be wrong but I see what appears to be an opening below the "mustache"....

@Austin S. what do you think?

Latest posts