• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please hepl identify

bebitte

3 Year Member
P1060857.JPG
Found this tarantula in my room in Nicaragua. Would like to identify it and care for it. Is it a ground tarantula?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you found it wandering around in the open, it is likely a mature male looking for a mate. They don't last very long to begin with, so it's best just to let him go about his business. Personally I am against taking them out of the wild regardless, so even if it wasn't a mature male, I'd still just release it.

Bugmom

3 Year Member
If you found it wandering around in the open, it is likely a mature male looking for a mate. They don't last very long to begin with, so it's best just to let him go about his business. Personally I am against taking them out of the wild regardless, so even if it wasn't a mature male, I'd still just release it.
I agree, this is almost certainly a mature male. He will live less than a year, maybe even a few more weeks or months.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mature male, release him.
Tarantulas are insectivores, they eat other insects, and in some cases even small lizards and rodents. The piece of banana you have in there will be of no interst to the tarantula.