• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please Help! Phidippus Regious has an egg sac

shatteredpast7

Hi there, i just found what seems to be an egg sac in my P. Regious enclosure. I have no idea what to do and did not plan on babies. Im just a keeper, not a breeder. What do i do? Where do i even start?

MBullock

3 Year Member
You could put the enclosure into a butterfly cage and let the babies emerge for easy collection and simple care with the enclosure open so the babies can disperse into the butterfly cage and then you wont have to worry about escapees plus it's ALOT easier to feed them like that. I suggest melanogaster as they're alot plumper and like to head for the top as opposed to hydei which mostly cluster on the bottom.

That way's super easy and alot less stressful on the babies as they can spread out.

shatteredpast7

You could put the enclosure into a butterfly cage and let the babies emerge for easy collection and simple care with the enclosure open so the babies can disperse into the butterfly cage and then you wont have to worry about escapees plus it's ALOT easier to feed them like that. I suggest melanogaster as they're alot plumper and like to head for the top as opposed to hydei which mostly cluster on the bottom.

That way's super easy and alot less stressful on the babies as they can spread out.
How do i even begin to find out how many spiders there are?

shatteredpast7

This is her
IMG20220628233434.jpg

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
Just keep mum well fed and as Enn49 said mum look will after them . I gathered them up as they where leaving the nest over the days as they don t all leave together .

MBullock

3 Year Member
I just cohab the babies for a while til a few more instars if fed well they actually will resist cannibalization. You can keep phidippus in those small green hanging butterfly cages too, i think thats actually how most breeders rear jumpers

Latest posts