• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please Help Me

Caitlin Rutherford

3 Year Member
I am new to this hobby, but I have done a lot of research. I just got a Brachypelma Smithi, and as it is really young it's leg length is about 1cm. I have let it "rest" for a week, and it is still refusing food. I know that it has balding patch on its opisthosoma. Do I keep trying to feed it or do I leave it? Also, how long should the molting stage take for a tarantula of this size?
Please help,
Thanks

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When i got mine it was a little under an inch long. It did not eat for 2 months. then i offered it a freshly killed cricket I a small one. and it took it. but i had to leave it lay for a couple of hrs before it decided it wanted it. try that. if not it is probably in premolt. but offer it food on a week until it eats.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Try offering it prekilled crickets. If it doesn't eat still, then it's likely in premolt. Make sure there is a water dish present.

Latest posts