• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help,I dont. know what's happening

Scott N

3 Year Member
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to tarantula keeping and got my first one back in November and was told he's a mature male. Welll he has done the normal sperm webs but now he's made a web against his tree with a hollow, as if he plans to go in it, but he's built it way too small for him to go in. Can any one tell me what his plans are here,thanks

Attachments

• 0420151914a.jpg
    0420151914a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

Thivo

3 Year Member
Hi there Scott and welcome... I guess he just created his own hide, and probably near to molt... I observed that on one of my T's... It made same webbing and then days later I saw him inside and then molted after several days of hiding... Do you try to feed him?

Scott N

3 Year Member
Hi guys, thanks for replying,I haven't tried feeding him just incase he is getting ready to molt and dint know if it would be a good idea to as I have read that during this time,they feel vulnerable

Ghost

3 Year Member
Hi Scott,

If he's a mature male then the chances of him molting again a pretty small and the chances of him surviving it even smaller,It looks like he's constructing a sperm web in the photo so I wouldn't be to worried about it,you should also try feeding him males don't always eat as much once they mature but I still would offer food every ten days to two weeks or so.....

Latest posts