• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Planning Ahead for Enclosures

Terrariumerrific

3 Year Member
Hey people, I am here to get some info on the ultimate sizes my current 3 Tarantula would like to live inside.

Right now I have a subadult Pink Toe, probably one third it's adult size, in a mantis terrarium, maybe a foot tall and 6 inches deep either direction. It seems to like hiding in the top corner the most but occasionally jumps around catching crickets.

My two new slings are in small cups, but I have little plastic spider holders for them when they get bigger. One is 5 inches tall and 3 inches deep either direction. The other is 6 inches tall, 3 by 4 inches wide. Can I get a recommendation for if my Nhandu Chromatus or my Singapore Blue (forgot Latin name) would be better for which size?

And when these two are filly sized what should they live in? I heard taller for the Brazilian and longer for the Singaporean if that holds true?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've not had a Singapore blue ( lampropelma violaceopes) but they're arboreal so they would be better suited to a taller enclosure with a cork bark hide . Nhandu chromatus is terrestrial and benefit from more floor space.

The enclosures are down to personal preference. I like Exo terra nano tall (20x20x30) for arboreal. Saying that Singapore blue can get very large so fully grown the nano might be abit too small and you'll be better off with the Exo terra mini tall (30x30x40). This is my opinion thou and like I said I've never had this species

I had my adult female chromatus in an Exo terra mini (30x30x30) and it was fine. I have my E Campestratus in the same type of enclosure atm. But tbh I'm looking at changing it to a different enclosure. Something a little shorter and longer but I don't know what right now

Latest posts