• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pissed off T's

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My son's GBB has become a very aggressive eater since his last molt. He's struck at the brush my son was using to gently tap the roach caught in the web to get Marley's attention. Scared the crap out of them both. Didn't phase Marley much as the roach then started struggling in the web and became insta-food. Good learning experience for my son though, he's a bit more leary now and doesn't think they're a pet to be held quite as much as he used to. He still tries but he's much more alert with him now.
See you have had a big year for Ts buddy. I have bought 8 in the last 5 months....I am on medication for it now tho....lol

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
See you have had a big year for Ts buddy. I have bought 8 in the last 5 months....I am on medication for it now tho....lol
I think I have bought 21 since November.... good to start the meds before the sickness fully takes over:D

Meds aren't really working lol. I want 4 more for myself and then i'm done for a while so I can watch them grow and enjoy them. Thats the plan anyway. Have to see if i get house this spring and what kind of room i have there ;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Meds aren't really working lol. I want 4 more for myself and then i'm done for a while so I can watch them grow and enjoy them. Thats the plan anyway. Have to see if i get house this spring and what kind of room i have there ;)
I think it may be too late.....another 2 being sought this week.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
same here. I'll be ordering 2 or 3 of my 4 next month when it starts to warm up again :) gotta get the heater in the jeep fixed first though :( so it may be 2 months out lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Damn. lol thats a pissed off GBB. lol
Certainly was.....bit like my kids, have an aversion to water! All good now, she has forgiven me and has just built a silk cocoon to stop me seeing her. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
same here. I'll be ordering 2 or 3 of my 4 next month when it starts to warm up again :) gotta get the heater in the jeep fixed first though :( so it may be 2 months out lol
Hoping to take advantage of some really low prices in a shop near me. M. Balfouri x2 (already have one but Sooooo cheap) B Emilia and a Blue Fang (Ephebopus cyanognathus) now on the ever growing list

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think I have bought 21 since November.... good to start the meds before the sickness fully takes over:D
Oh you need to share that...it's not working for me, I said originally if I could have six I'd be content....13 T's and a jumping spider later....
..-sobs- it was all LIES!
I'm only going to get a couple more, of my most wanted, I don't want so many I can't enjoy them all, keeping it a hobby not a chore

ummm....how many makes it a chore guys?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh you need to share that...it's not working for me, I said originally if I could have six I'd be content....13 T's and a jumping spider later....
..-sobs- it was all LIES!
I'm only going to get a couple more, of my most wanted, I don't want so many I can't enjoy them all, keeping it a hobby not a chore

um....how many makes it a chore guys?
I figured between my son and I 20 Ts would be good, so at 21 it becomes a chore :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@kormath, 21 huh...If I go with that I can get the ones I most want :D
Yep go for it! Then once we hit that 20 mark the chore limit will increase to 30. Kinda like how when you were a teenager you thought people were old over 30. now that i've passed 30 a while back it's 70 or 80 to be old lol

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep go for it! Then once we hit that 20 mark the chore limit will increase to 30. Kinda like how when you were a teenager you thought people were old over 30. now that i've passed 30 a while back it's 70 or 80 to be old lol
Honestly, right now, they are the most enjoyable part of my day, I always feel a bit let down once they are tended and its done, I try not to bother them to much other then watching them and house maintenance.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Honestly, right now, they are the most enjoyable part of my day, I always feel a bit let down once they are tended and its done, I try not to bother them to much other then watching them and house maintenance.
same here. We had to move them into the bedroom as the cubby in the hallway was getting to dry, even with the humidifier going. I was refilling water dishes twice a day and misting the genic's corner almost every day.

All the Ts are on my dresser until i get home tonight and move my son's into his room, if we can anyway. I want to see how much temp variation there is with the sliding door to his balcony before we move his to his room.

Good thing is i can sit at my desk or relax on the bed and watch them. One of these days i may even get to see the B. albos that have been buried for a month or so.

swimbait

3 Year Member
Honestly, right now, they are the most enjoyable part of my day, I always feel a bit let down once they are tended and its done,

This is an example of the disease further progressing into the severe stages:D It is for this reason you must get twice (if not quadruple) the amount you have now and only tend to some T's every day of the week. That way you are always entertained. Of course if you get too many it may turn into the chore you speak of above and then you'll only take care of them once a day. For me, having all my Ts (for the most part) in generally spacious cages I can see into easily allows me to admire them all daily. Some people reach a point where they just have storage containers stacked on one another and can't see them unless they open them, I do and don't wanna reach that point lmao I think my general number will stop at about 80, I'm a little over halfway there. Soon, I will need to deconstruct my old monitors cage so I can gain the other half of the room back

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hoping to take advantage of some really low prices in a shop near me. M. Balfouri x2 (already have one but Sooooo cheap) B Emilia and a Blue Fang (Ephebopus cyanognathus) now on the ever growing list
Deal done. They are mine now.......need to take more medication as this hunger is still there.....lol. the Balfouri likely to be for sale so keep your eyes out for those all you UK residents. I will be passing on my good fortune with very reasonable price for them.:)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree, closest I get is that shyte pet store with the "Chile rose hair" (who happens to be an avic:rolleyes:)

which by the way is ok with me, love them, could cheerfully have a dozen of them