• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink Toe running away from cricket?

Hunter1134

3 Year Member
Hello, I have been on the site for as long as I have gotten my Pink Toe Tarantula. Which was around mid to late July of 2013. He is a somewhat older juvenile now. I am still sort of new to the tarantula hobby and have been pretty dead on the site. My Pink Toe has been doing good all around, although recently he has not been accepting food. Rather, he has been trying to get away from it. He has been doing this for the last few weeks. I have become worried about him. This afternoon, which is when I usually feed him, he literally ran out of his webbing to get away from the cricket.(He never leaves his webbing, like ever.) He has always been a good and ferocious eater and has eaten all different sizes of crickets. He hasn't eaten anything in the last few weeks. Is he maybe close to molting? I keep 2 shallow water bowls in his enclosure at all times and the room temperature is 71-74 Fahrenheit during the winter.

Anyways, I am very worried about him, please enlighten me . . .

Sabeth

3 Year Member
More than likely there is a molt coming up. A tarantula not eating is rarely something to worry about...they can go months if necessary. With her last molt, my Rosie went 2 months without eating. As long as the T is not losing excessive weight, everything should be fine.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
During premolt, you can lightly mist the tarantula and the tank once a day until it molts. Outside of this period, no misting is really necessary.

Latest posts