• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink toe bad molt help

Saltytater

My pink toe molted hanging upside down hanging from her tank lid with no progression after 16 hours so I decided to move forward with doing surgery to remove the molt. She was completely stuck (all limbs and her old fangs were stuck) I used tweezers and successfully and carefully removed everything over 4 hours of work trying to not injure her. I did have a few bleeds on two limbs and tried corn starch but it wasn’t working so I unfortunately had to use super glue. she moved occasionally during the surgery but after it was done she was basically lifeless. I watched her for two more hours and then went to bed. Woke up and she’s in the same position so I assumed she’s dead but she’s actually alive and will move if I touch her but she’s basically unable to use her legs like they’re all messed up. I was desperate to save her but now I feel like she’s completely crippled and doomed. I’ve never had this happen before and I was confident that once it was off she would recover but now I feel like I shouldn’t have even tried to help. I’m not sure if I should leave her for another day to see if she builds strength or say goodbye to her?

Attachments

• 93490992-3269-4E38-8DD0-5F17641042D9.jpeg
    93490992-3269-4E38-8DD0-5F17641042D9.jpeg
    523.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If she is still alive, best thing I can think of is offering water. At this point it may be too late, but I’ve been proven wrong before.

arachbiodude

They are supposed to make a huge hammock web and molt in there. I don't think they should have the screen at the top. Claws may have got stuck in there. It seems all wrong. Sorry.

sunset

Oh no!! I'm so sorry. I've heard bad stories w ts getting stuck on the screens. I wish we had more information available to help your t. Maybe some time and rest will help. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Let us know how it turns out.

TillyMJ

So sorry to hear this! :-(
Our pink toe molted from the screen on her first molt also. She came out hanging upside down from the screen. Freaked me out! I caught her, just in time, in a paper dish. I will say a prayer for your little girl! My heart hurts for you.