• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

People that feed stray animals suck!!!

MBullock

3 Year Member
Stray cats are ruining my property..

My neighbors are feeding them and they multiply like crazy, their offspring are having babies in my backyard and crapping everywhere.

Scenario #1)- Allow the problem to continue and create a video-dossier of said neighbors feeding cats then record the cats doing damage..

...Then sue them and FORCE them to keep the cats indoors and make them pay for services to repair the lawn damage..
or at the very least force them to get the cats spayed and/or neutered.

Scenario #2)- Simply just eradicate them myself and throw them in the trash. They are a legit health hazard forcing me to buy insect repellent just so i can mow the lawn.
We are in a Typhus red-zone, as well as a Skunk-Rabies Red-zone, and there are signs warning about the rat fleas. This is literal self-defense. But i HATE THIS!!

Ca state law allows killing a cat that enters my property, stray or not. However the animal shelter will not take a healthy stray, it has to be injured or sick.

*sigh* This is a total headache and these irresponsible people are testing my patience to the MAX

.....Anyone got a big huge water monitor i can borrow? :\

MBullock

3 Year Member
actually let me rephrase the title- People that feed FERAL animals suck!!

Stray means the animal was a pet at one time and escaped or was abandoned.

MBullock

3 Year Member
There is lady who feeds stray cats in the park that I rollerblade at. Even sets up winter boxes for them.
Theres a lady that does the same thing but with skunks and raccoons. I feel like alot of these people have toxoplasmosis which literally causes the host to make bad decisions.

MBullock

3 Year Member
I can just imagine all the fleas!
Yeah its pretty bad, im sick of it. Its costing me alot of money just buying the deet.

And people cant even go and claim the cats keep rodents away. They dont lol, they only seem to be attacking birds.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If people had not fed him there would have been no Greyfriars Bobby. The Edinburgh dog who spent 14 years living at the grave of his former owner.
article-2021906-0D48651A00000578-392_308x185.jpg

And we had a local cat who spent much of it's life at a graveyard.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/new-home-appeal-for-dobbie-the-norwich-cat-9149190

It is not known how he came to live at the cemetery but the feline became popular with visitors and would follow people round, enjoy being fussed, sunbathe on benches, explore woodland and sit in on services.

xxx-dobbie-the-cat-01-july2022.jpg

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Looks like it's up to YOU to do something about it. Here's one idea: Every payday set aside $5 or $10 into a spay/neuter fund. Contact local veterinarians trying to find one who will work with you to spay and neuter at a cheaper price, maybe just for whatever it costs him/her to do the job. Trap them, have them spayed or neutered then release them.

My friend, Google, has many ways to keep stray cats out of your yard. Here's just one of them:

To keep cats away from gardens, flower beds, or specific areas of property, scatter fragrant items that don't appeal to a cat's sense of smell, like fresh orange or lemon peels, organic citrus-scented sprays, coffee grounds, vinegar, pipe tobacco, or oil of lavender, lemongrass, citronella, or eucalyptus.

MBullock

3 Year Member
Looks like it's up to YOU to do something about it. Here's one idea: Every payday set aside $5 or $10 into a spay/neuter fund. Contact local veterinarians trying to find one who will work with you to spay and neuter at a cheaper price, maybe just for whatever it costs him/her to do the job. Trap them, have them spayed or neutered then release them.

My friend, Google, has many ways to keep stray cats out of your yard. Here's just one of them:

To keep cats away from gardens, flower beds, or specific areas of property, scatter fragrant items that don't appeal to a cat's sense of smell, like fresh orange or lemon peels, organic citrus-scented sprays, coffee grounds, vinegar, pipe tobacco, or oil of lavender, lemongrass, citronella, or eucalyptus.
The cdc found typhus in the fleas in my neighborhood and put signs all over the place. I really really dont want to come into contact with these animals. And like i said, animal control only removes injured or obviously sick animals, here.

To do what you suggest, would cost me alot more money than you think. Cheapest spay/neuter cost here is like $90.00. There are over 10 of these cats meaning it's gonna cost me a pretty big chunk of money.

It just seems regardless of what i do it's gonna suck and cost me a ton of money. :/

MBullock

3 Year Member
If people had not fed him there would have been no Greyfriars Bobby. The Edinburgh dog who spent 14 years living at the grave of his former owner.
article-2021906-0D48651A00000578-392_308x185.jpg

And we had a local cat who spent much of it's life at a graveyard.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/new-home-appeal-for-dobbie-the-norwich-cat-9149190

xxx-dobbie-the-cat-01-july2022.jpg
These are feral cats not strays, as i mentioned above i worded it poorly in my title. I also mentioned above there's a typhus warning in my neighborhood, so im afraid to even get near them lol.

Latest posts