• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paint!

CritterKeeper79

I know this is a weird question. What kind of paint isn’t toxic to Tarantulas? I have an idea for something, that I can’t explain until I do it. For instance would water based acrylic okay? I highly doubt the Tarantula will lick or sniff any but... Just curious if anyone has painted an ornament in their enclosure?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tarantulas don't eat paint, nor lick inanimate objects, so assuming the paint is dry, cured and not out-gassing, any paint is potentially safe.
Do tarantula have tongues?
How are we sure slings won’t try to eat paint chips or flaking paint and juveniles won’t try to sniff it?
Asking for a friend :)
P.S: it should be just fine if you use outdoor/waterproof paint and please do post a picture of the secret project we shouldn’t be talking about once it is completed.
Cheers.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Do tarantula have tongues?
How are we sure slings won’t try to eat paint chips or flaking paint and juveniles won’t try to sniff it?
Asking for a friend :)
P.S: it should be just fine if you use outdoor/waterproof paint and please do post a picture of the secret project we shouldn’t be talking about once it is completed.
Cheers.
Tarantulas have tongues, but they don’t lick paint.... LOL ;)

Latest posts