• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

p.regalis wont eat

Logan D

3 Year Member
okay so I received my p.regalis pair from casey k on the 25th of September ive offered food everyday since the 26th the male has eaten 3 superworms and a cricket so ive decided to stop offering him food for a bit but the female refuses everything like I can putting wiggling superworms right in front of her them even touching her at points and she ether runs away or just completely ignores them have dropped crickets in front of her and nothing left food in for 24 hours and end up having to remove the next day I believe she is in pre molt but she hasn't made her self a hiding spot she usually sits on her log in the same spot all day and will move around every now and again what are your opinions on this

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wouldn't worry too much about refusing to eat. Could be premolt or just simply doesn't want to. My e campestratus hasn't eaten once since I got her and my n chromatus has had 1 roach.

Nunua

3 Year Member
No need to worry yet :) My N. incei gold juvenile refused to eat for a long time, then accepted only mealworms and now, after ~7 months, accepting medium dubia roaches.

Solsurfer

Does she have a good cozy dark place to make a hammock? Most likely premolt . I will say ive had some t's that wouldnt eat until after theyve had a drink. Some wont drink out of a water dish for whatever reason mostly arboreals. I had/have (I still do) to mist the glass and they would proceed to drink off the glass. At least I'd never seen them drink out of a dish.

Latest posts