• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.irminia arrived (update)

kaz

3 Year Member
lucky for me the little fella was still in the paper towel. Had to move it into another pot as although the one it was in was a nice size, it was too flimsy and the plastic gave way every time I tried getting the lid of. Anyways here's it's little setup and best pics I could get for now.

WP_20151104_001.jpg

WP_20151104_005.jpg

WP_20151104_009.jpg

quick question: Will this setup be suitable until its big enough to go into its permanent home, this setups about 17cm tall and 7.5 cm in diameter.

also update on my B.smithi after its latest molt!!

WP_20151102_007.jpg

Fleas

3 Year Member
It looks good enough but if it was me I'll add a piece of cork bark to give it more to web on :T:

kaz

3 Year Member
ok thanks I was wanting twigs or something to stick in there or a small bit of wood or bark that would fit just havnt come across anything suitable yet!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks good to me. I see cross ventilation, plastic plants to web to and a water dish. Nuttin wrong with it :) Don't be surprised if she burrows into the substrate and makes a web tunnel up into the plant. They do that at her size. At least mine and my nephews both did. My only suggestion would be to put a few vent holes just above the substrate, but I'm sure it's fine. It's just a habit I've gotten into to prevent any mold from starting around water dishes :)

kaz

3 Year Member
great thanks for the advice stuck fair amount of coco fibre in there because was thinking that heard they like to dig when there small. Shame about the ugly plant really was used from one of my old fish tank setups, washed of course but couldn't find anything. Spose will have to leave it now tho, save disturbing it!!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
great thanks for the advice stuck fair amount of coco fibre in there because was thinking that heard they like to dig when there small. Shame about the ugly plant really was used from one of my old fish tank setups, washed of course but couldn't find anything. Spose will have to leave it now tho, save disturbing it!!
Yeah it takes some searching to find decent looking fake plants. I kind of gave up, then recently found some half way decent looking plants at walmart. It's like you said, though, I don't want to remove all the old ones and disrupt the spiders just to change a plant..:oops:

kaz

3 Year Member
yea, always had this issue setting up aquariums! Always have liked the realistic natural look. Plants always do look to fake for my liking!!

Also will this setup be suitable untill its big enough to go in its permanent enclosure!!

kaz

3 Year Member
so a little update. Hasn't decided to dig but rather setup some webbage around the very top near a leaf!!
WP_20151106_001.jpg WP_20151106_005.jpg WP_20151106_006.jpg
also quick question the bloke I bought her from said it had recently molted that was on the 2nd I know they usually say a week but its been 4 or 5 days and the fangs look black. Reckon I could throw in a cricket or leave it couple more days!!

kaz

3 Year Member
lol. Well it was a surprise to see my pulchra out shes been hiding for awhile, thought she was going to molt, nothing!! Now she's out and about again most probably hungry.

Latest posts