• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P antinous :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A few minutes ago I was checking everyone and found my antinous out. I've been finding her out of hide a lot lately and got a pic this time. She's currently around 4 1/2 " I cannot wait until she's full sized :) And molts out of that bald patch :/

Last edited:

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Man, I'm so jealous! I've been trying to catch mine out to get a video of it, and no dice. The other morning I caught her out and by the time I reached for my phone, she had scooted back in her den. I'm hoping that after her next molt, she'll become a bit more bold.

Your girl is gorgeous! :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks, she is, but I need a new phone, with a decent camera. Here's one that's a little better, eating her first superworm.
all 068.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know I've seen a few of these on youtube that were bigger then my Lp. I was going to get a nigricolor female as my first Pampho, but decided on the antinous, after watching videos of them..they really are large and evil looking as adults, lmao. Phormictopus is next, and then i imagine I'll spend the next few years getting other Pamphos and Phormictopus that I've been drooling over. I want an X immanis too :) And some dwarf species. And other stuff. :)

micheldied

3 Year Member
One of my most wanted Ts. Can't seem to find them here, though other Pamphobeteus are available from time to time.

micheldied

3 Year Member
She's my only Pampho so far..they're a bit high priced for my wallet but I need more, like the ultramarinus, mascara, well, all of them.

I love the genus as a whole, but the P. antinous is the one I want most. After the fabled Arana Polita, of course. Only P. fortis is available (and affordable) here, and I hear they don't get very large for a Pamphobeteus.

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
Man, I'm so jealous! I've been trying to catch mine out to get a video of it, and no dice. The other morning I caught her out and by the time I reached for my phone, she had scooted back in her den. I'm hoping that after her next molt, she'll become a bit more bold.

Your girl is gorgeous! :)
its funny how they change their behavior between molts, my b.smithi juvi would never come out of her cork log until she recently molted and now she is out and about all the time...

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
its funny how they change their behavior between molts, my b.smithi juvi would never come out of her cork log until she recently molted and now she is out and about all the time...

Yes! I just posted a video up of my M. balfouri female who has become quite defensive after her recent molt. My P. antinous used to be out all the time; now she's become a bit of a recluse. :)

micheldied

3 Year Member
@micheldied Yeah but I've always thought all the Pampho species had a certain look that set them apart, like Theraphosa. They just have a big spider "demeanor" I guess. Hell, I'd buy a dwarf Pampho :)

Definitely. Plenty of people say that there's nothing more to Theraphosa than getting very large, but it's simply not true. They're built quite unlike any other genus, like the Pamphobeteus.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Definitely. Plenty of people say that there's nothing more to Theraphosa than getting very large, but it's simply not true. They're built quite unlike any other genus, like the Pamphobeteus.
I think when people say this, it is all about personal taste. Like all tarantulas, this genus is fascinating in its own way, but I have no desire to own one myself.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad to have this forum where I can see all the gorgeous Ts. With my collection, I just stopped collecting and just looked on here. Hope I can put my foot down on it though so help me God. ;)