• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Onto my 4th...but also a question?

hopeful_tarantula

3 Year Member
Hey there, Well....so much for waiting 6 months lol... I'm now on my 4th tarantula lol - a Grammostola pulchripes
It's a little bit bigger than my other spiderling, and it's one of the ones I've had my eyes on before I got Mystery...but it's so cute.

I have called it Zoe and the reason behind that is because...it was originally reserved for a girl called Zoe and her name was on the box it was in...but Zoe's father didn't allow her to get it...so naturally I bought it lol.

Zoe seems to be very explorative as "she" (have to name them in my house - doesn't feel right otherwise), has been doing laps around her pot. I am a little worried though as s/he's currently in a clear "take-away" sized box, but Smidge is in a slightly bigger, what I would call, sauce pot. I'm now not sure what is right considering it was the same company I went to for both spiders...so is it Smidge's sauce pot or Zoe's takeaway box? I am fairly sure that the container should be Smidge-"sized"....but watching Zoe doing laps around her box and seeming very happy by it...do I transfer her into something smaller and Smidge-"sized"? Since I have bought Smidge home, "he" hasn't really moved much at all, so was wondering if moving Smidge into another take-away box would give "him" something to explore a bit more?

Here are some photos of both Smidge's little pot and Zoe's longer box and I have done a comparison photo at the end.

Smidge and his pot

Zoe and her box

Comparison photo

Any help with my question would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance,

Julia xx

Edit - adding photos and a bit more writing

Last edited:

Payden King

3 Year Member
Hi! Just my personal opinion.. I would put Zoe in a smaller round one like Smidge because it will be easier for her to find her food since she is also so small :) What pretty babies too!! Good luck!!
:T:

hopeful_tarantula

3 Year Member
Thanks Payden King, going to order a smaller one now. I must admit I was a bit surprised that I got both T's from the same shop in 1 after another (with a week in-between) and Zoe is in a completely different sized container when Smidge is in the correct container now. But I guess that's shops I bet lol.
Thanks again
Julia xx

Edit - have now ordered smaller container and some bean weevils to hopefully help with feeding lol.

Last edited:

Payden King

3 Year Member
Awesome! Yeah it is a little strange lol! You'd think they'd at least be the same size whether or not the correct size. Hmm.
Hope all is going well for your little ones!

Latest posts