• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New T!

Oodalolie

3 Year Member
So I got my new Psalmopoeus pulcher (Panama blonde) about two-ish weeks ago, and I always do my research before getting a new type of T. I have the proper vertical enclosure for it, it's only about 3/8 of an inch big, and it is eating very well. However, it seems to be burrowing? Hasn't come out of the little corner ditch it made for itself. Anyone else have this experience with their Panama blonde sling, and what do I need to change?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Oodalolie Many arboreals will burrow as slings. I have 2 Psalmopoeus (irminia and reduncus) and they have both begun by making a hole but then started to web up the side of the container in a funnel. They both will still retreat underground if startled.

Oodalolie

3 Year Member
Good to know Enn, thanks! I just wanted to check and see if that was normal, which it sounds like it is :) I've only had terrestrial slings so far.

Oodalolie

3 Year Member
It's doing pretty well! The substrate is covered in webbing, and it eats wonderfully. I named it Splat :)
I love your signature by the way, Christell! Stunning T's you've got!

Latest posts