• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New T on the way -- H pulchripes tarantula sling

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ordered one from member Casey K and it's due to arrive in a few days. It'll be about 1" in size. She still has another one unless someone else got it already.

Here's the enclosure, freshly set up, from Jamie's tarantulas. I tried to arrange stuff tastefully instead of just tossing it in there.

I mixed the moss into the top layer of soil. The glue had just dried and I had to moisten it a little to get the burrow started up for the T.

There's no guarantee that she uses it, but if she acts like the M balfouri, she'll get to it within 48 hours and then modify it.

Casey K has excellent reviews and is perfectly able to pack the T to match weather conditions.

I'm still wondering if I should bother filming the unpacking and housing of the sling. Setting up the tripod and camera or Jerry rigging it to hold the cell phone will be a major pain.
H pulchripes cage 2.jpg
H pulchripes cage 1.jpg
H pulchripes cage 3.jpg

In a way this isn't just a Christmas tarantula. It's a wee bit of a revenge tarantula because certain people... elsewhere in cyber space... said I didn't have what it takes to keep them or that my methods wouldn't work.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
very nice addition, if I were you I would definitely film the unpacking, she does the best packing job in my opinion, not many video reviews of forum members out on the web.

(On a side note prepare to give her more of your Ben franklins, as she will always post more deals that are very enticing, I spent $500+ in two orders as proof)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh, I'm sorry. I meant the tarantulas not anything else!!

My collection is fairly complete. I'm still not sure how I'm going to arrange the adult enclosures. There's a big difference between a 4x4x4 and a Terra Blue or ExoTerra nano!!

Does Casey get into the enclosure side of the business or just the animals?

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
very nice addition, if I were you I would definitely film the unpacking, she does the best packing job in my opinion, not many video reviews of forum members out on the web.

(On a side note prepare to give her more of your Ben franklins, as she will always post more deals that are very enticing, I spent $500+ in two orders as proof)

I have the same kind of bipod as the fellow on dark den does. Getting it to fit in the bath tub will be interesting. What I do is an enclosure where she will live inside of a steel pot on a piece of styrofoam inside of a large tote which has cold water to discourage running inside of a bathtub with the drain blocked and all stuff removed.

I also have a catch cup, green dot laser which can chase them in any direction if you can't reach them and the paintbrush of course.

To escape the T needs to run up a steel pot, down into cold water, up the side of a plastic tote and then escape from a bathtub.

Thankfully I've never needed any of it!!

I actually think it'll be interesting because no 2 people do it the exact same way.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The good news is that I got it and the little one is fine. It's the size of my versicolor when I first got her.

Here's the link for unpacking. I thought it worked before but I guess not.