• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Pink Toe or New Rose Hair, Red Knee?

Spidro

3 Year Member
Hey everybody, got my first T 3 months ago now, Hatian Bird Eater, I'm going tomorrow to a big pet store to get him some things, called the shop and they just got a fresh shipment of spiders. Said they have Pink Toes, Rose hairs and red knees, sling-juvenile. Pretty tempted to grab one. I was deciding on the two in the title, but of the three I guess I just want to hear from other owners of these spiders what they think of them. Heard they're all pretty mild tempered, guess I'm curious which is going to be most active, or which would do a lot of webbing as my Haitian mostly just chills and sits on display, although I love her to bits haha. Anyways thanks in advance, cheers! \m/

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Of those listed pink toe will web the most. If you want active, webber, and somewhat chill get a GBB.

Spidro

3 Year Member
GBB and a Versicolor are definitely on my list of Ts however its -23 C outside and I don't feel like ordering any online until its much warmer haha.

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Why is the red knee ur favourite of the three? Just curious.
I'm a little biased towards her because I've had her for 10 1/2 years :)
She is also the most interesting to watch. She is more active than my rodents, less webby and reclusive than my pinktoes, and also they are known for being one of the longest lived species. I believe the record is 32 years.
My red knee, Stitch, is feisty but handleable and has always been a good looker and an easy keeper.
On the other hand, they can also be expensive.
uploadfromtaptalk1390529371876.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1390529371876.jpg

Spidro

3 Year Member
Beatiful spider, thanks for the input (y) sure ill decide based on what I see in the shop in the end. Very awesome looking T the red knee is for sure.

Spidro

3 Year Member
Pink toe! Just molted from sling to juvenile. Shes beatiful, just got a temporary tank for her now, just finished setting it up. Will upload some pics shortly! \m/

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
I'm a little biased towards her because I've had her for 10 1/2 years :)
She is also the most interesting to watch. She is more active than my rodents, less webby and reclusive than my pinktoes, and also they are known for being one of the longest lived species. I believe the record is 32 years.
My red knee, Stitch, is feisty but handleable and has always been a good looker and an easy keeper.
On the other hand, they can also be expensive.
View attachment 4153View attachment 4153

Love them, I want one so bad, but Im going for a .25 Mexican Redrump. Been wanting a Red Knee for like 10 years though. My Rose Hair is amazing, but those Pink Toes are also really cool!

jon ross

3 Year Member
Id go for red knee as its my fav out of the two i have. My chille is just a stroppy moody so in so. Im disliking the fact she tries to kill my hand if i go too close. The red knee is fine tho. Just walks on my hand. Lovley t she is. Next on my list is a vericolor tho

Latest posts