• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Mother of a Salmon Pink Bird Eater

BeckMastaFlexXx

3 Year Member
Hello all!

A girlfriend of mine ordered a Salmon Pink Bird Eater, and the company sent her a "freebie" second tarantula. So, I ended up adopting a baby yesterday! Looking forward to learning more about this fascinating creature and raising him to be a big fella.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome aboard. I have two adults currently. Great species. They stay out most of the time so I get to enjoy them more than most of my T's.

BeckMastaFlexXx

3 Year Member
Yes I have found so far that he is rambunctious. I'm a little nervous to be raising him, don't want to hurt the little guy. They're a beautiful species and I can't wait to see him grow! :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. L. parahybanas are great Ts, good feeders and very quick growers. My 2 were completely different as slings, one dug like mad, filling his water bowl with substrate regularly but the other was calm although shy but kept the container very tidy Now they are both 6"+ they are in view all of the time.

BeckMastaFlexXx

3 Year Member
Hi and welcome. L. parahybanas are great Ts, good feeders and very quick growers. My 2 were completely different as slings, one dug like mad, filling his water bowl with substrate regularly but the other was calm although shy but kept the container very tidy Now they are both 6"+ they are in view all of the time.
That is awesome! I love how different their personalities and characteristics can be.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just feed mine crickets. The biggest of the 2 will happily collect 5-6 large ones together and sit and chomp his way through them.

BeckMastaFlexXx

3 Year Member
I just feed mine crickets. The biggest of the 2 will happily collect 5-6 large ones together and sit and chomp his way through them.
That's so cool. My guy is just tiny so I've tried just squishing the cricket's head and feeding it to him.. But haven't seen him eat yet. I was told he's due for a molting so I'm just gonna gently keep trying I suppose!

londelsh

3 Year Member
Mines about half an inch at the moment and I drop a pin head in with it at night then take it out 24 hours later not seen it eat yet but it kills them then just leaves it lol but at first mine was always hiding in its hide bit now its always out. gorgeous species.

Latest posts