• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member and funny story

tony edwards

3 Year Member
Hi all... Newbie here. I've been meaning to sign up here for a while...I had an experience yesterday that I wanted to share and thus I'm here...!
My six-year-old son and I love T's. We've had add male P. Murinis for about a year and a half... He's he's never had the best attitude let's just say. Lol.. So yesterday I was fortunate enough to purchase my first female P. Ornata.. I'm in love with her she's huge and only a-year-old. So got her home I wanted to re-house the male OB T and put my female Poci in the big cage. Well I managed to get his mean little ass into a paper towel cardboard tube.. When I went to re-house him he jumped like a frog out of that tube onto the table and took off in the blink of an eye.. I ran around the table to see where he went ..when I stuck my head under the table he was right there 6 inches from my face.. Well if you were here you would've heard my son say "daddy you just said a bad word". Lol
Long story short after A few minutes of frantic chasing and shouting a few more choice words I finally got a hold of him and got his vicious little rump in his new cage ..she however, was a dream absolutely Pleasant & not even defensive at all.. My new girl is absolutely gorgeous I love watching her underside with a flashlight at nite as she sits on the side of the glass.. So here I am .. would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.
Edit:
I offered her a baby Dubia today and she just slapped it away.. Maybe a few days for her to get used to the new home?

Last edited:

Jesse254

3 Year Member
HIlarious story. When I bought my OBT it got lose in the teacher's classroom from who I was purchasing it from. We both jumped about 2 feet back and watched where it went and them got the fish nets and captured the little sucker with no harm to any of us. If he wasn't so pretty I would have changed my mind.

CourtneyG

3 Year Member
Funny story. When my P.metalica arrived at the vet school my mum opened the container to make sure the little one was alive(she did not know that aboreal tarantulas are very quick buggers) and the little one launched itself at her and the secretary's ran off screaming. Mum could not find it and one of the secretary's yelled if that thing comes at her that will a squished $170 bug. Luckily mum found it on her sleeve and quickly put the little one back in her tube.

tcrave

3 Year Member
Great story. gotta love kids and the things they say, my twin boys are just like that. its so much fun to involve them in the hobby. btw welcome to the addiction

Latest posts