• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Accepted

Hi guys,

I'm kind of surprised to find myself here. *lol* I have always been terrified of spiders ever since I was a kid. A wolf spider surprised me when I opened the garbage in our garage, and I've been scared of them ever since. I was like 10 years old I think, if I remember correctly.

A while back my daughter asked if she could get a tarantula for graduating high school, so I started watching videos on YouTube, etc, and three years later—not as a grad present(she's set to grad this year though)—I bought our first tarantula.

A beautiful juvenile GBB. I'm trying to decide if I've gone crazy. *Haha* We have already had one enclosure blooper where she got stuck in a skull and I, despite my fear, put my hands inside to help her get out. It was a case of she was able to get in but not get out.

I can't wait to keep learning more about them, especially GBBs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210520_224625.jpg
    IMG_20210520_224625.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 20

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the forum/family and congratulations on your first T.
You mentioned a juvenile GBB, what is her DLS (Diagonal leg span)?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to the family!
I believe the store said 3 inches, but I don't know how to measure her myself.
When your GBB is crawling the glass put a ruler up and measure the two farthest the part diagonal leg segments closest to full extension and you'll get a generally good idea

Accepted

Welcome to the family!

When your GBB is crawling the glass put a ruler up and measure the two farthest the part diagonal leg segments closest to full extension and you'll get a generally good idea
Thank you. She isn't up on the wall much anymore, but I'll try that if I catch her. If I had to estimate, she seems to be between 3-3 3/4 roughly.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!