• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new in this world :)

Luis_Gil

3 Year Member
Hi my name is Luis, and im new in this hobby :)

I have a big aquarium 120CM ( 240L) maybe i will split the aquarium in 2 60cm-60cm to put one tarantula and one scorpion or maybe 2 tarantula.

What you think about that?

I know some people who have tarantula in aquarium but some other people just say for i dont use aquarium.

what you think??

thanks

Spidro

3 Year Member
Welcome, fairly new to the hobby myself, seems like this thing is taking off! Sounds like a solid plan, only issue u can get with big fish tanks, which is why people tend to stay away from them, is that theres poor circulation for air at the bottom and seeing as Ts need a moist environment this can develope a lot of mold. I was going to do the same, and my buddy whos had ts for a while, says u can do something with a fish filter at the bottom, run the hoses to circulate air but I thought that to be too much work and got an exo-terra instead anyway. When I do plan to use my big tank, im going to cut into the glass to make vents in the front for better air-flow. Without either of these u may have to clean tank quite a bit. Hope this helps!

Spidro

3 Year Member
For sure, if u can get something setup for airflow u shouldnt have an issue. Just make sure uve also got a nice secure lid and ur good to go (y) not to say ur gunan get a big spider. But I had a buddy with a goliath that was able to knock encyclopedias off the top of his tank :p best of luck to ya \m/

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most my Ts are in glass tanks. No issues at all. Even my T stirmi is in a large 50gal tank, and that is kept at 80% humidity at all times. The air flow in the room keeps the air inside the tanks moving.

jon ross

3 Year Member
Welcome aboard mate. Isnt 60x60 abit big?? Im new too so i could be wrong but my tanks are 30x30 and they are glass with a plastic sliding lid with holes