• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New habitat acclimation took 10 days

Noodlelove

Mr. Pufflepants is a juvenile T. albopilosum. He's I been in a 6 by 4 inch home for over a year. He's grown a lot so I purchased a bigger acrylic enclosure and set it up. His old place only had room for a 2 leaves and he made a beautiful structure in his old home. I put bigger leaves in the new enclosure, All he did was hide for over a week under a rubber tree leaf. I wanted to help him feel more secure so I had a small apple-sized 1/2 coconut shell hide from when my cornsnake Bert was a baby and that did the trick to pull him out of his befuddlement. He immediately moved into the coconut . Next morning he had created a web door on the coconut hide and anchored the whole coconut hide to the substrate. By the following morning, he had tunnelled throughout the substrate . It's such a joy to watch him make the new place his own. I love him. I've attached pics of the old and new home.❤️

Attachments

• PXL_20211030_121010278.jpg
    PXL_20211030_121010278.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20230510_210636584.jpg
    PXL_20230510_210636584.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 23

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It may take a while before they start designing their new home but once they do they really achieve a lot in such a short time. Enjoy watching.

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks for sharing! It is a nice little story and made me smile.

Latest posts