• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New guy from New Orleans

Tim vader

3 Year Member
Just wanted to introduce myself. I found a few tarantula for sale locally after looking for weeks trying to find some to photograph with no luck. I've never owned one, but now I have 3. I picked up an A. Purpurea, a possible female B. Boehmei, and a really nice female P. Metallica

I don't plan on handling any of them. I'm not big on spiders honestly, but these are fascinating looking (from a distance, haha)

Anyone local to New Orleans? I live in Slidell to be more specific.

Tim vader

3 Year Member
Just wanted to introduce myself. I found a few tarantula for sale locally after looking for weeks trying to find some to photograph with no luck. I've never owned one, but now I have 3. I picked up an A. Purpurea, a possible female B. Boehmei, and a really nice female P. Metallica

I don't plan on handling any of them. I'm not big on spiders honestly, but these are fascinating looking (from a distance, haha)

Anyone local to New Orleans? I live in Slidell to be more specific.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 12

Tim vader

3 Year Member
I agree 100% with that statement, lol

If it hadn't been a local impulse buy, I wouldn't have bought her. So far I am glad I did. She's already molted, so I can't wait to get some good shots of her. I read that these are tough to breed, but I don't plan on attempting anything like that for quite awhile, if at all.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Interesting first three but they will definitely keep you interested. Nothing wrong with not handling your T's. I personally don't as I don't think they like it and it can actually damage the T in a fall. Welcome aboard!