• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New g pulchripes

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
I've just had a lovely parcel brought by the post man a sling g pulchripes bought from Martin at bugz uk. Com for my son's birthday on Saturday . I cannot believe how much packaging he used. It was a pill vial wrapped in kitchen roll inside a polystyrene cup inside a box that was crammed full of shredded paper.
The only issue I had was I thought he had sent two spiders in one container but it turned out the little thing had moulted last night.
It is now in its new enclosure and at my parents till Friday night when it will come here ready for Saturday.

That's now 5 spiders bought since August I have promised my wife I won't get any more till after my birthday luckily that is only Christmas so not long to wait. Let the search commence.:p:p

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great choice, I love my pulchripes. My psycho just molted :D I swear he grew almost an inch..looks gorgeous too, I never noticed the light coat of pink tipped hairs until today. Probably because they darken fast, but still, beautiful spider..gonna end up having to get him a female...maybe he'll calm the hell down..:eek:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great choice, I love my pulchripes. My psycho just molted :D I swear he grew almost an inch..looks gorgeous too, I never noticed the light coat of pink tipped hairs until today. Probably because they darken fast, but still, beautiful spider..gonna end up having to get him a female...maybe he'll calm the hell down..:eek:
Thats odd, having a psyco golden knee aint it? Although mine gave me a threat pose...only one of mine to ever do that and he is only like 1/2 inch. lol

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Actually I've run across more threads about psycho pulchripes then I have roseas. It's not common but yeah, apparently there's a few out there. I've never owned another spider that would actually chase my hand trying to bite. He's almost gotten me a few times now. I'm very fond of the crazy little bastard.

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
This little one seems uber confident he had a charge at the tongs I was using to open up the tissue he was in when he arrived. He also has decided today when I opened him up to show my little boy that running up my finger and inside my jumper sleeve was a good idea.
My little boy who turned 5 today is made up with him he's desperate to feed him just waiting a few days after it decided to moult in the post Tuesday night

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This little one seems uber confident he had a charge at the tongs I was using to open up the tissue he was in when he arrived. He also has decided today when I opened him up to show my little boy that running up my finger and inside my jumper sleeve was a good idea.
My little boy who turned 5 today is made up with him he's desperate to feed him just waiting a few days after it decided to moult in the post Tuesday night
I've had 2 spiders molt while being shipped, a few right after, and several molted right after a rehousing.. I've always wondered if stress speeds up premolt somehow, or if it's just coincidence. Glad it came out alright, anyways :)

Latest posts