• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Babies Coming! (S. cal and versi)

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Well, I may have done something very stupid.... I got a wonderful deal on 2 S. calceatum slings and another A. versicolor sling that I just could NOT pass up. I know the S. cals are a big hand full and have been doing a bunch of research. Definitely not a T to even think about handling.

I'm a little nervous but very excited! I've done enough research to know the husbandry of the S. cals, but I was wondering if you guys had any personal experiences with them, or wanted to share any more info on them that most care sheets and other sources of info would leave out.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Yikes you are braver than I am. I have made the decision to pass on old worlders. Best of luck and if you can get some photos I'd love to see them.

BTW- I ordered a sling today too, should be here tomorrow. Euathlus sp. Chile yellow dwarf. Can't wait!

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
They will be my first OW Ts.... I always thought I'd start with something a lot less aggressive with less potent venom but.... Go big or go home! As long as necessary precautions are taken, everything should be okay. They're quite beautiful and I'm looking forward to admiring them from the other side of the container :D

Congrats on your new T! Post pictures when it arrives :)

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I have a mm h. Mac right now that I got a deal on as a sling. Holy crap was I surprised when it got big. It turned into a monster. Anytime its out roaming around the slightest vibration noise and its in attack mode. Fangs ready dripping with venom. So im holding off on the aggresive OW for a while.
So that's something you could be looking forward to when your slings get bigger.