• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New at this, need some help!

Flyingmonkey

Hi
great news she is eating for you.Its exiting when they do isn't it.
Don't go crazy with the food.They are opportunistic feeders and will eat as much as they can till they have their fill.If you feed too many pray items or too often this can result in the tarantula going into long fast period or even hiding for long periods of time till it moults.If yours is sub adult or adult I will feed her one morio(2 crickets) every 2 weeks as the abdomen looks plump atm.If you see abdomen looking really big can skip a meal or two without issues.
Regards Konstantin

wah thanks for that!! I have no idea as everything i’ve read just says to feed the T every 1-2 weeks but doesn’t explain those bits, your explanation helps! Btw based on the photo, is this the biggest size for a female of this species? Cause ppl say that each species would have different ‘max sizes’ they’d grow into. Wondering if she’ll grow bigger or this is it (just being curious, not an issue otherwise :D)

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Maximum size is dependent on many factors(genetics,temperature, feeding schedule....)
but on average I will say 5-6 inch DLS.
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts