• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New arrival

shaun

3 Year Member
Just received and homed L.P.

Attachments

• 20200728_112351.jpg
    20200728_112351.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64

shaun

3 Year Member
He has engineered a series of tunnels, dropped a cricket in today, the cricket went down one of the tunnels, the t. Flew out and ran back in, in the blink of an eye. Have never seen anything move so quick! When I looked down one of the tunnels could see he had the cricket.
Wow, if he ran away i could never catch him!

shaun

3 Year Member
LP was out of his hole last night. First time that I have seen him out, maybe he does it every night. Will be checking. I had fed him a few hours earlier. Is he still hungry?

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
LP was out of his hole last night. First time that I have seen him out, maybe he does it every night. Will be checking. I had fed him a few hours earlier. Is he still hungry?
They eat great...I would try another cricket or whatever he likes :)

shaun

3 Year Member
Seems that he comes out of his tunnel every night and sits on the substrate. I am definitely feeding him regularly and he eats every time. Nice to be able to observe him.

Volkswachter

I have 5 LP slings about 25% the size of your new arrival; but I love them. They're one of my favorites in my collection for their tenacity and feeding response; they're voracious eaters when they're not in pre-molt and will happily jump on mealworms as big as they are.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a 5.5 inch L. dificilis female. Shaun, she eats like yours. Yesterday, she stuffed 2 superworms in her mouth. So, I conducted an experiment. She got up to 4 in her maw before she ran out of room. Ha ha, she was so frustrated at the 5th superworm. She chased it down and kept stomping on it hoping to eat that one too. I wish I had a video.

Phobik1

3 Year Member
My LP slings bolts around like grease lightening. Hopefully it will slow w size. I think they do. Fun to watch though. Im picking up 2 Lasiadorides Polycuspulatus this wednesday. I think they are close relatives.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My male LP, just before he matured, grabbed 6-7 large crickets at one go, rolled them into a ball with web and sat happily chomping on it.
Interesting! Today I fed a N. chromas female, a big juvenile, and I poured by accident about 12 crickets in there. She went berserk and attacked they all in a frenzy. She would take 3 at a time, kill them, bring them back to her log then back for more until none was left. Then same as yours she made a nice juicy ball and started eating.