• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Neoholothele Incei Olive feeding concern!

Tarantulex

Incoming noob question- I recently became a first time tarantula parent. I was originally going for a G. pulchripes but was also gifted with a N. Incei olive. I have not gotten a very good look at her (as she likes to hide) but I was told she is an adult. All has been going great but now I am stumped. Yesterday I had fed her a dubia roach I dropped it by her burrow with it's head crushed in case it wanted to burrow. Immediately after being dropped, I went to look for the roach and I noticed it was gone. She was out of her burrow so I assumed she had grabbed it. Fast forward to today, she has pulled it into the burrow and I can see the end of the shell poking out of the entrance. Looking a bit closely there is I can see only half the roach is eaten. I can't see her behind the roach so I think she is somewhere deep in her burrow. Is this normal?? Should I leave the roach or remove it? I don't want it to be blocking her but she did put it there in the first place. I also feel like maybe I am over thinking this. I searched everywhere online trying to find a similar situation and have not found one thing, hence why I'm stumped! Tried to upload a (poor quality) photo so y'all can see! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200822_180635~2.jpg
    20200822_180635~2.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 17

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome :)
I'd remove the rest of that roach.. N. Incei are a pretty small T so in future you would be best to feed it smaller prey items for example a mealworm or much smaller roach (head crushed on either of those) because giving her a dubia is like having an all you can eat buffet lol.. Its to big for her to eat it all.. Hope that helps :)

Tarantulex

Hi and welcome :)
I'd remove the rest of that roach.. N. Incei are a pretty small T so in future you would be best to feed it smaller prey items for example a mealworm or much smaller roach (head crushed on either of those) because giving her a dubia is like having an all you can eat buffet lol.. Its to big for her to eat it all.. Hope that helps :)

Thanks so much for your feedback! That makes sense due to feeder shortage near me all I had were larger dubias! I will try to find smaller feeders for her!

Latest posts