• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Need to rehome some arachnids

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
1: Poecilotheria Metallica (Goody Sapphire) 2-3inches

2: Aviculara Metallica(White Toe Tarantula) 1-1.5inches

3: Psalmopoeus Irminia (Venezuelan Sun Tiger) 2-3inches

4: Pseudoclamoris Gigas (Orange Tree Spider) 2-3inches

5: Heteroscoda Maculata (Ornamental Baboon) 2-3 inches

Would you please supply terms of sale and prices please.

I am trying to choose the best option for my first tarantula. I really like the Gooty Saphire but do you think it is a good beginner tarantula? I was really intrigued by the size you're rehoming/selling them at because I see everyone selling them as tiny slings and I would like to get one at this size because it is my first. Any suggestions? Would it be best to get one as a sling and raise it from tiny or a 2-3 sling is still a good choice?

jrh3

3 Year Member
I am trying to choose the best option for my first tarantula. I really like the Gooty Saphire but do you think it is a good beginner tarantula? I was really intrigued by the size you're rehoming/selling them at because I see everyone selling them as tiny slings and I would like to get one at this size because it is my first. Any suggestions? Would it be best to get one as a sling and raise it from tiny or a 2-3 sling is still a good choice?
No they are nowhere close to being a beginner species. You have been warned lol.

TheInv4sion

To answer your question, yes getting a juvenile would be better if you have never kept any slings before. No it is not a good beginner species and I'm not even going to say it's because it's a pokie. I would never get an expensive species as my first. I'd pick something cheaper and practice and once you're comfortable you can get something a little more pricey.

Also please do your research on the species before you even consider getting one. Venom potency on Poecilotheria is not fun if you somehow get bit.

I have been doing a lot of research but now I know more specifics to research. I have been looking at care and housing plus personality but I didn't even think to check about venom potency. I feel kind of dumb for that. I might be going with curly hair or Rosey hair T as my first. Seem I need to do a bit more research first. I hope by the new year I will be 100% ready and confident to get a T.

Do you still have the P. Metallica? And how much? Very interested!!