• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some advice

Arekkisu

So my cyriopagopus lividus made a full appearance for the first time last night and theyre a lot bigger than what the seller told me so id like to rehouse them soonish.

Ive been looking into enclosures and I cant seem to find any with enough depth or the right length. My CL is around 6cm diam and I know they like to burrow as deep as youll let them. I also would like to find an enclosure thatll keep them happy until SA stage.

If anyone has any links to any sites for specific thesorial enclosures id greatly appreciate it.

Alternatively im pretty decent with DIY so if there are any mods or container conversions id love to hear about them.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I tend to use top opening arboreal enclosures or kitchen containers for my fossorials. Although my 3 inch DLS lividus is in a Komodo enclosure with around 6 inches of substrate & seems very happy in there.

Have a look at the 5 litre braplast tubs. I have a few smaller fossorials in those. They need air holes melting into the sides above the substrate & into the lid. But they make a good enclosure. I also have a Tarantula Room arboreal enclosure with a fossorial in it. Again, this needs extra ventilation above the substrate. But I add extra side ventilation to my fossorial enclosures anyhow.

I use both kitchen clear plastic storage containers & larger storage boxes for enclosures too. I find places like B & M, The Range etc often have great Tarantula enclosures in them.

Arekkisu

I tend to use top opening arboreal enclosures or kitchen containers for my fossorials. Although my 3 inch DLS lividus is in a Komodo enclosure with around 6 inches of substrate & seems very happy in there.

Have a look at the 5 litre braplast tubs. I have a few smaller fossorials in those. They need air holes melting into the sides above the substrate & into the lid. But they make a good enclosure. I also have a Tarantula Room arboreal enclosure with a fossorial in it. Again, this needs extra ventilation above the substrate. But I add extra side ventilation to my fossorial enclosures anyhow.

I use both kitchen clear plastic storage containers & larger storage boxes for enclosures too. I find places like B & M, The Range etc often have great Tarantula enclosures in them.
Thank you so much, ill definatly look at b&m i didnt even think of that!

Latest posts