• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help please

Nemoq

3 Year Member
Hi guys I moved my grammastola pulchripes into a safer smaller home 3 days ago and he has been in the one corner of the tank 90% of the time and now he is webing the little tree is this normal or should I be concerned?

IMG-20151209-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20151209-WA0014.jpg

Nemoq

3 Year Member
substrate is dry only one small corner i keep damp. and a little water dish. but tanx i hate not knowing what to do. i know im new and still learning. but i dont want my new friend to suffer. and best part is tonight is feeding time. i cant wait :D

Thistles

3 Year Member
Such a fat tarantula may be looking to construct a molting mat. They generally web a lot before molting. That's higher than I expect to see that species venture, but she's so new that whatever she's doing now will probably not be what she's doing in a few weeks.

Nemoq

3 Year Member
oky first of all why do you guys keep refering to my T as a her does she look female? just wondering and i love the fact that this might be a molt.

Thistles

3 Year Member
Oh, most people hope for females as they tend to live longer and sort of optimistically call them "she." I have no idea if it is male or female based on those pictures.

Nemoq

3 Year Member
Haha that makes sence let me see if I have a better pic I know its difficult to see from.pics but ey its worth a try

Nemoq

3 Year Member
never mind that pic will not work I will just wait till he is mature and check him out.

Nemoq

3 Year Member
Yeah I agree. But I first want to learn enough before I take on another T. They are like family and I don't want them to suffer. so I will first get the ropes then I will get more many many more haha :p

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Normal behaviour. If you can get a good, well lit, ventral shot, Gramostola are pretty easy to sex.

Nemoq

3 Year Member
I hope someone reads this. Gambit is webbing like crazy now. should i try and feed him ? as you guys said it might be that he is getting ready to molt.

Latest posts