• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Help from TF re. My next T.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OBTs seem quite popular these past couple days, one day I'll get a few slings of this species.

On the popular off topic note of the last few hours: I see those on the other site as people just doing what they can to point others in the right direction, maybe I am biased since I don't frequent threads that are controversial, nor do I make controversial posts. That site started my obsession and it made me find more like minded individuals which eventually led me here:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I notice in the OBT flipping out YouTube videos that few or no hiding places are present or they are blocked or the animal startled.

I would attempt to safely lower temps to 55 for an hour or so should I ever find myself in the position of having to handle or move a critter like that.

The risk of the T harming itself or getting thrown aside from a bitten human are fairly high. I wonder why either argon or CO2 isn't used for sedation more often.

Both approaches aren't perfect.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I notice in the OBT flipping out YouTube videos that few or no hiding places are present or they are blocked or the animal startled.

I would attempt to safely lower temps to 55 for an hour or so should I ever find myself in the position of having to handle or move a critter like that.

The risk of the T harming itself or getting thrown aside from a bitten human are fairly high. I wonder why either argon or CO2 isn't used for sedation more often.

Alot of people dont provide enough sub for their obt.!The reason why they get angro is because when they dont have anywhere to burrow they web things up and the enclouser becomes the "burrow" so they act that way so people stay out. I never had any issues rehoming. Of coarse i would just put the smaller enclouser into the bigger one and let it go on its own. I wouldnt try anything to "slow it down" that may harm it or give you a false sense of safety. But even when i had to do maintenance or give it water even feed i wasnt worried about it. It would stay at the bottom of the burrow. It would come out at night time but say if i shined a light or went to open its enclouser it ran in to the burrow.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Packing it was a fun time. Longest pack job so far. Mainly because i tried to use a smaller container at first which was a pain to get it init.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Waving goodbye
IMG_4792.JPG
IMG_4797.JPG