• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. Coloratovillosus says Good Morning!

Rbales427

3 Year Member
My N. Coloratovillosus has finally come out of hiding to say hello this morning. Here are some pics of the little model. Also, I am attaching a couple vent shots if you guys wouldn't mind taking a look and seeing if you can determine sex? I know vents aren't reliable, but she destroyed her last molt and doesn't seem to be in pre-molt, so until I get a viable exuvium I was wondering if anyone is capable of making an educated guess. Thanks in advance!! She is about 3" so still has plenty of room to grow.
Aellope1.jpg
CloseUp.jpg
GoodVent.jpg
GoodVent2.jpg
GoodVent3.jpg
WideShot.jpg

Rbales427

3 Year Member
The white dot above the vent looks male to me. Anyone else?
Darn, I was hoping that wasn't the case. I got it from a friend who said the dealer sexed her female, but I just recently found out that the dealer sold him an A. Avic that was supposed to be female and also turned out male confirmed by molt.

Poec54

3 Year Member
Darn, I was hoping that wasn't the case. I got it from a friend who said the dealer sexed her female, but I just recently found out that the dealer sold him an A. Avic that was supposed to be female and also turned out male confirmed by molt.

I'm not saying I'm sure. I'd need pics with better focus and no glare.

Latest posts