• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My tarantula is moving strangely. Help!

cooper

My tarantula has been violently stomping when ever I do stuff around her cage. She is an adult female Aphonopelma chalcodes. This behavior started a week ago after I rehoused her. I have only had her for a few months and she is my first. If you have any questions I will try my best to answer . thank you

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My tarantula has been violently stomping when ever I do stuff around her cage. She is an adult female Aphonopelma chalcodes. This behavior started a week ago after I rehoused her. I have only had her for a few months and she is my first. If you have any questions I will try my best to answer . thank you
Some pictures of your enclosure may help us to help you... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by violently stomping? As you have just rehoused her this maybe something to do with what you are seeing.. What substrate are you currently using?

cooper

IMG_3893.jpeg
IMG_3893.jpeg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Have you used any cleaning products /sprays in the room she's in or any chemicals to clean her enclosure out with?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks like DKS to me.
That's what I was going to suggest - (that's why I asked about cleaning products)
It's not great if your T is suffering from DKS its often thought of as something that's bought on by tarantulas being exposed to some sort of toxin (air freshners, cleaning products, other pets flea treatments etc) so they are unable to control there movements properly...