• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T is acting strange(?)

Petter

3 Year Member
I got my juv Brachypelma Vagans about 3 years ago, so its fair to say he's grown a bit. For a couple of months now he NEVER left his cave, only sometimes at night if my room got really hot I could spot him on the wall. Sometimes!

The last week he's been walking around his enclosure, climbing the walls, going in and out of his cave and then back on the wall. He's as far away as possible from being a "pet rock". When i've been watching him, he never sit in one place for more than 10 minutes before he moves again. I have NEVER seen my T act this way before.

My first thought was maybe this is a MM - looking for a partner? But I don't know enough about T's to tell whether this behaviour is perfectly normal, or if this means something.

Im happy to hear what you guys think, thank you :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got my juv Brachypelma Vagans about 3 years ago, so its fair to say he's grown a bit. For a couple of months now he NEVER left his cave, only sometimes at night if my room got really hot I could spot him on the wall. Sometimes!

The last week he's been walking around his enclosure, climbing the walls, going in and out of his cave and then back on the wall. He's as far away as possible from being a "pet rock". When i've been watching him, he never sit in one place for more than 10 minutes before he moves again. I have NEVER seen my T act this way before.

My first thought was maybe this is a MM - looking for a partner? But I don't know enough about T's to tell whether this behaviour is perfectly normal, or if this means something.

Im happy to hear what you guys think, thank you :)
hiya, it should be easy to tell if you have a MM. in that species, like many others, you will see some hooks on the underside of the front legs and the palps will look inflamed.and have a hard red/black end to them that resembles boxing gloves. If you can post pictures of the areas I have just described we can either confirm or eliminate that option for you :)

Latest posts