• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T has a wound on her abdomen?.

Dean Whitlock

3 Year Member
Could anyone help me by telling me what it is?
image.jpg

Dean Whitlock

3 Year Member
Hi
Thanks for the reply, I'm feeding her a mixed diet of crickets, locust and meal worms but mainly black crickets.

It's on exo terra coco substrate and no sharp objects really, only a cork bark piece and a cork bark hide.

She had it before I bought her but as I wasn't aware until she climbed onto the side of her vivarium.

I was worried it was some sort of terminal illness.

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
She looks like a climber so whoever had her first maybe she climbed and fell on something she wasn't suppose to but I wouldn't worry she should be fine

Dean Whitlock

3 Year Member
Had about 6 weeks now and I love her. She's such a gorgeous T. She eats awesome, wether I feed her everyday or every 4 days she eats every time.
She doesn't mind bring held and hadn't even flicked once (touch wood)

As for anymore, I will definitely be buying another within a week or so. Was looking at a cobalt blue oe a Costa Rican tiger rump.

Christell Erasmus

3 Year Member
Hi there
Your tarantula sure is a lovely lady. I think she will be fine, after her next molt you will probably not even see the little mark.
Getting a new tarantula is always so exciting for me, I am like a child in a candy store in our local pet shop. A cobalt blue is a stunning spider and I would also love to own one someday. :)

Dean Whitlock

3 Year Member
Thank you very much, and yes I've become obsessed with T's and would like 8 by Xmas. The reasearch takes as much time as the funds lol

Cobalt blue is nexT followed by Costa Rican tiger rump although I've been told their quite skittish and very flicky?

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Hi there
Your tarantula sure is a lovely lady. I think she will be fine, after her next molt you will probably not even see the little mark.
Getting a new tarantula is always so exciting for me, I am like a child in a candy store in our local pet shop. A cobalt blue is a stunning spider and I would also love to own one someday. :)
Plus when I get a T in the mail it's like opening Xmas gifts XD

Christell Erasmus

3 Year Member
Thank you very much, and yes I've become obsessed with T's and would like 8 by Xmas. The reasearch takes as much time as the funds lol

Cobalt blue is nexT followed by Costa Rican tiger rump although I've been told their quite skittish and very flicky?
The research is part of the fun. In my opinion cobalt blue and costa rican tiger rump is just display tarantulas.

Dean Whitlock

3 Year Member
Yeah that was my main thought, how nice they woul look. I don't want nothing to aggressive as I do like to handle them, or would like to as some I know don't like it.

What's your thoughts on T, and good ideas.

Christell Erasmus

3 Year Member
I prefer not to handle mine, but I have interacted with my choco golden knee and while she was on my hand she was so calm. I love brachypelma species because of there calm, docile nature but also there striking colors. And then I just adore avic species, because of there spunky attitude and there magnificent webbing.

Latest posts