• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new addition Pterinochilus murinus

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hiya!

Don't ask me why i got the idea too take this one but i thought it could be awesome too have this kind of tarantula in my collection! It is still little got a legspan of 3cm i think, and got this one from a reptile expo in the netherland at houten, well a friend of mine brought it in, i wished too have one with a legspan of 5cm or 6 but he didnt found it this was the biggest he could get, well if someone can give me some more specific things about this T i would be glad too know them
IMG_20180924_120736_295.jpg
! :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I began in the hobby by buying an OBT Juvi as my first T. Sadly she has passed on but I have a Usambara youngster just a little bigger than yours and a Tete (chocolate version) around the same size.
I have always kept them as semi-arboreals and find they do use that extra height. They have always had a bad reputation for being aggressive but I always found they were more likely to run and hide when disturbed. The best advice I can give is to always remember what they are capable of when feeding, cleaning etc. and use tongs for removing rubbish. Enjoy :)

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hey!

Thanks for the reply! Its sure is helpfull and a reminder with what i'm going too dealt with lol! I got this picture of the enclosure i put her in, i can tell that the substrate is a litlle too humid hopefully its not that bad.. i read about it that they like mostly dry substrate? Maybe could be wrong but i hope this wont affect the T. But at the moment i didnt had no dry substrate too use... so i asked my bud too get me some cocofiber and i had too decompressed it at the moment i was preparing its enclosure... so its an 20x20x30 i think its should be enough for now but later on when it wil get bigger, i sure will buy something much bigger then! You can see that i didnt add yet a waterdish because for this little guy i'm not quite sure what i could use for it too drink of.. i'm a little scared for the fact it could drown if i added something too big so i dont know what i could add in too it to avoid that.. Just too say this it was the old terra of my chromatopelma cyaneopubescens but rehoused her too an faunarium with enough space for her too grow in too be a full adult. Same thing for my greenbottleblue the substrate is still a humid but it will dry up in a couple of days from now.
20180925_040118.jpg
20180925_042410.jpg

Last edited:

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't have an obt myself but reading through I wouldn't worry about it drowning. It won't happen so a waterdish will be fine (I use bottletops in some of mine)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd add a piece of wood or cork bark that reaches almost to the top of the container so it can climb and web and add a piece of plastic plant hanging down. A water bowl is a must, I use coffee jar lids, and it won't drown.
I had mine in a 30x30x45 ExoTerra and she webbed all the way up the back corner, one huge tunnel with an entrance at ground level and one at the top.

PereSs

3 Year Member
I'd add a piece of wood or cork bark that reaches almost to the top of the container so it can climb and web and add a piece of plastic plant hanging down. A water bowl is a must, I use coffee jar lids, and it won't drown.
I had mine in a 30x30x45 ExoTerra and she webbed all the way up the back corner, one huge tunnel with an entrance at ground level and one at the top.

Hi! Thanks for proposal i will keep it in mind and see what i can add too make it better! :D and for the waterdish i allready putted one in, i knew it that it was something obligated too add but didnt know what i could use, but i found something very thin not too deep where she certainly can go for a drink without any risks in my opinion!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I too like to keep them semi arboreal just so I can have the extra height for working. But when they web to the top I tear it all down and let them start over. The last thing you need is a obt pist off in your face. Dont ever feel bad about destroying their webs. They have an endless amount of web and they need something to do anyways.;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I too like to keep them semi arboreal just so I can have the extra height for working. But when they web to the top I tear it all down and let them start over. The last thing you need is a obt pist off in your face. Dont ever feel bad about destroying their webs. They have an endless amount of web and they need something to do anyways.;)

I could never destroy a Ts web and I always found it safer to do maintenance when it was quietly settled in that tunnel.

Latest posts