• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Indian Violet

WhiteRabbit

3 Year Member
firstly,.this thing,.even at like,.5th instar,.doesn't feel right calling it 'mine'. I still look at it like a wild animal and not really a pet that can be domesticated.

But anyway.

i actually finally re-homed the Indian violet into a deep deli cup. She (it) went NUTS for a few minutes after i stole its transport vial away but i put it in a quiet place on the shelf to get settled in.

The next morning when i got up to check on her, was a HUGE burrow. Which is great!

She made an exit out of the starter hole i made and an entrance near the edge of the cup. She burrowed down the side of the cup and its all in perfect view, though i try not to move her too much because she might move her burrow. shes pretty flighty..

I fed her a large chricket that fell into her cup when i way trying to tap out a small one,.closed the lid knowing i'd need to wait for her to calm down before trying to get the cricket out. she slowly came out of her burrow, put her four front legs onto the cricket and slowly dragged it backwards into her burrow,.she didn't even bite it or act aggressively,.it was more..creepy.

So far she's a little joy though. My little Earth Tiger.

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
Yeah more room the better for her .she will become a nice pet hole,and just when you think you have a good window to view her in her burrow,she will silk it over.diffenately a pretty sp.

Just1moreT

3 Year Member
0204151941a.jpg
0204151941a.jpg
Here is pic of one of my girls just had to show her :)

Last edited:

WhiteRabbit

3 Year Member
i really do hope mine is female. The males are pretty too, i just want all this fury to be worth it xD

And as soon as N8 gets home i'll have him take a good photo.

I seem to have misplaced my cell phone.

Oh well, it was a windows phone anyway,..i needed an excuse to get a new one lol.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looking forward to it and glad your enjoying having her!

(I'm hoping for a female for you :p)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I seem to have misplaced my cell phone.

Oh well, it was a windows phone anyway,..i needed an excuse to get a new one lol.
You don't need an excuse to get rid of a windows phone. ;) Everyone i know that has used a windows phone has returned it before the 14 day period was over lol. Only good thing about them is they take really really good pics.

Latest posts