• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Girlfriend Has Been Bitten!

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Sorry this isn't a bite report, but I just wanted to share with everyone, since my gf and I have been together she had been very supportive of my love of inverts. The other night I get home she asked me if I've ever heard of the Pumpkin Patch? Left field much? I said of course, why? She wants one! Lol well I checked with my breeder and they happen to have em! So tonight I got home and there she is, grinning from ear to ear... Apparently we're getting 5, 1inch Hapalopus sp. Columbia's... Lol, I really need to get her signed up on here, she'll love it.

Last edited:

timc

3 Year Member
Awesome! My girlfriend doesn't really care for my spiders but my teeny tiny pumpkin patch is actually her favorite too!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry this isn't a bite report, but I just wanted to share with everyone, since my gf and I have been together she had been very supportive of my love of inverts. The other night I get home she asked me if I've ever heard of the Pumpkin Patch? Left field much? I said of course, why? She wants one! Lol well I checked with my breeder and they happen to have em! So tonight I got home and there she is, grinning from ear to ear... Apparently we're getting 5, 1inch Hapalopus sp. Columbia's... Lol, I really need to get her signed up on here, she'll love it.
So, you and timc have found females' weakness, and a way to get them into spiders : The pumpkin patch...interesting. I'll have to try this theory out on a few friends of mine that refuse to get near my enclosures. If we could get all of the spider hating females converted, this hobby could really take off..kids everywhere would rejoice in their mom's new acceptance of spiders as pets, and it could become the most popul...wait. What about the roach colonies?.....Nope. lol

N8tive556

3 Year Member
Awesome! My girlfriend doesn't really care for my spiders but my teeny tiny pumpkin patch is actually her favorite too!

Sweet! Yeah I never knew I wanted one till I started researching them, I think I want to try to find myself an O. diamantinensis I'm sure she'd like those as well I think she may enjoy dwarf species in general

N8tive556

3 Year Member
So, you and timc have found females' weakness, and a way to get them into spiders : The pumpkin patch...interesting. I'll have to try this theory out on a few friends of mine that refuse to get near my enclosures. If we could get all of the spider hating females converted, this hobby could really take off..kids everywhere would rejoice in their mom's new acceptance of spiders as pets, and it could become the most popul...wait. What about the roach colonies?.....Nope. lol

How do you like this for acceptance... My original 3 Hissers, were her Valentine's day gift to me lol

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmm..where r u located there @N8tive556 ? maybe we can get our ole ladies together....mine is coming around but it sounds like ur woman could push her the rest of the way for me. ::::)

timc

3 Year Member
Lol I think we've just established the pumpkin patch as the new hobby standard, essential to every collection! Don't tell the breeders we'll never get them as freebies again!

Latest posts