• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My foray into 'Land Crabs'.

wirelessmess

3 Year Member
I know they are both Arthropods but like the analogy of 'Land Shark' with my German Shepherd Dog, I thought I'd roll with it.

I boast husbandry status of a beautiful Brachypemla Smithi, a sexed female named Soraka, approximately 2.5". I feed her Superworms and she has burrowed deep into the substrate of EcoEarth. I hope she is presenting pre-molt behavior but I am keeping a watchful eye as a nascent keeper.

Just wanted to offer salutations to this community as I have been involved with other venues and did not find the cultures as pleasant as I have here.

I am very interested in acquiring Grammostolo Pulchra and Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens for my next acquisitions.

Cheers!

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome and congrats on your experience with Soraka. Not everyone can boast of a successful husbandry.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Salutations! Yes, this community is more docile than the others I am familiar with.
This community is more the G. pulchra type - while the others can be a bit more of the P. murinus type. You will enjoy it here.
I have had a full grown female G. pulchra in the past and I have two unsexed spiderlings currently. They are one of the most fabulous beings on the planet and probably my #1 favourite tarantula. Not only are they sweet natured overall, they are also glorious to look at. I can't have enough of them and I promise that you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts