• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first T

Marie_Trixie

3 Year Member
I just got my first T today. A beautiful pink toe named Trixie. Not that I'll probably ever learn whether she is really a she or not, doesn't matter to me though.
I'm terrified of spiders. Even so, I've always thought most were gorgeous.
My mom had a couple for a few years, they were Chilean Rose. I always wanted to touch one but even after they died I couldn't bring myself to do it. I went to the pet store planning to get a Rose, the cage was set up for it, I had even made a burrow spot in the soil. There was just something special about Trixie that I had to get her instead, knowing that I was going to have to remodel the cage. I've already gotten WAY closer to her than any other; willingly.
I worked with dogs for 14 years and just judging from her body language, she may be the first one I get to touch. She seems very docile and only got a little upset when we were trying to get her in her new home. She got over it quickly and has been climbing everywhere checking it all out. I'm happy.
If anyone has any advice they want to give I'd love to know.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello Marie. Welcome aboard. Plenty of keepers of pink pink toes on here so I am sure they will be happy to help in no time.